Thursday, December 18, 2014

Peanuts Classic

I still love Peanuts and Charlie Brown......I was watching the classic Charlie Brown Christmas with my grandsons recently and when my favorite part came I was filled with so much joy and comfort. It is where the characters are on the stage and Linus says  "I'll tell you what Christmas is about Charlie Brown.....(the lights are dimmed to just a spot light on Linus) "Do not be afraid; for behold, I proclaim to you good news of great joy that will be for all people....For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; you shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger."

I love Linus' little voice....he is so confident and sure....he is ssssooo correct.  There isn't a more comforting, hopeful, joyful feeling than when I hear those words.



No comments:

Post a Comment