Friday, September 11, 2015

Why Callest thou Me?

From time to time I am given Rosaries to repair or beads to make a Rosary, from the necklace of a loved one that has passed away. Still other times I am given old treasured books.  A while back I was given a little book and was reading this on my Adoration night....this is what I found.

                                         Why callest thou Me?
Carved by an unknown sculptor, into the walls of an old European Cathedral, this appeal expresses the grief of Christ.
Thou callest Me MASTER…..
     Yet heedest to Me,
Thou callest Me LIGHT…..
    Yet I shine not in thee.
Thou callest Me WAY….
    But dost follow Me not,
Thou callest Me LIFE….
    Yet My Name is forgot,
Thou callest Me TRUTH…..
    But playest a false role,
Thou callest Me GUIDE…..
    Yet despisest control.
Thou callest Me LOVING….
    Withholding thy heart,
Thou callest Me RICH…..
    Yet desirest no part.
Thou callest Me GOOD….
    And yet evil thy ways,
Thou callest Me ETERNAL…..
    While wasting thy days.
Thou callest Me NOBLE….
    Yet draggest Me down,
Thou callest Me MIGHTY….
    Not fearing My frown.
Thou callest Me JUST….
    Oh!   If just then I be,
When I shall condemn thee………………..Reproach thou not Me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment